Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Venture Impact & Grants Manager (m/w/d)
Berlin-based (partly remote possible), full-time
Starting January 2024
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
As the Venture Impact & Grants Manager, you will be a driving force behind the long-term impact of entrepreneurial Fellows. You will manage a group of venture coaches who support Fellows and you will oversee the grant allocation process to further fuel Fellows’ planet-positive impact.
About the role
You will manage…
- Iterate and implement project grants strategy
- Strategy and management of venture coaches
- Provide input into the overall fellowship curriculum and learning strategy in collaboration with the Intensive Journey team and Venture Sustainability Lab Lead
- Design and run grants application and selection process in coordination with Operations and Intensive Journey teams
- Manage external jury members and internal team reviewers to decide grants and awards
- Design and run grant impact evaluation process, upskilling fellows on how to track and communicate their impact
- Feedback loops to ensure we learn quickly and iterate
- Maintaining relevant data in Hubspot and other tools, including grants allocation and reporting, venture coaching engagement, and more
… and support
- Fellow questions on grant-related communications, in coordination with Community Manager and Operations team
- Collection of data on Program KPIs in coordination with Knowledge Management and Reporting Manager
- Feed key storytelling opportunities to Communications team on a monthly basis
As the Venture Impact & Grants Manager, you report to the Ecosystem Impact Director and closely collaborate with the Ecosystem Manager, Venture Lab Lead, Program team, and Operations team.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- 3+ years experience in coaching innovators on launching viable, impactful projects (e.g. for-profit or nonprofit businesses, campaigns, or programs)
- Skilled at remotely managing entrepreneurial team members
- Experienced in managing grants or investments at scale
- Proficient in data analysis and optimized workflows (using tools like Excel, Hubspot, etc)
- Able to measure impact and iterate based on learnings
- Fluent in written and verbal English
… And will likely have:
- 3+ years experience in entrepreneurial coaching or funding
- Setup and run efficient, scalable funding and impact reporting processes
- A self-directed approach to working in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- A passion for youth leadership and/or environmental action
- Collaborative, empathetic, and efficient habits
Ideally, you might also have …
- Working or lived experience in countries outside of Germany
- Language skills in addition to English
- Experience working with corporate donors or stakeholders
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers, establish working relationships with our program and operations teams, and start to iterate the strategy of venture coaching and grants for the greatest impact.
After three months, you will have taken over leadership of the venture coaches and will be prepared for the next cycle of grant applications and selection around April 2024. You have established the year’s goals and processes for venture coaching and grants, and will work closely with the Program and Operations teams to have scalable systems for tracking impact and continuous improvement.
After six months, you will be in full swing, managing venture coaches to set fellows up for success in their planet-positive projects, overseeing fellows’ reports on the impact of their grants, and working with the Ecosystem Impact Director to consider synergies in the beVisioneers ecosystem for additional growth and funding opportunities for fellows.
After one year, you will be at the forefront of scaling beVisioneers venture coaching and grants strategy to accelerate the environmental impact of fellows for the long-term.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities