Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Social Media & Engagement Manager (m/w/d)
Berlin-based (partly remote possible), full-time
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
As a Social Media & Engagement Manager you are responsible for all of our social media activity, leading our engagement outreach efforts and maintaining online relationships.
Your responsibilities will include …
– Content strategy: Working with our Storyteller on our content strategy, adapting content for social media formats
– Audience Engagement: Interacting with the audience by responding to comments, messages, and mentions, and actively engaging with followers to build a loyal community
– Community Growth: Implementing strategies to grow our social media following
– Scheduling, Monitoring and Analytics: Scheduling posts at optimal times, monitoring social media trends, tracking key performance metrics, and using analytics to measure the success of social media campaigns
– Partnership Development: Researching, identifying and developing partnerships suitable for our outreach to attract Fellows for new cohorts, particularly in new and unfamiliar regions
– Brand Reputation Management: Safeguarding the organization’s brand reputation by addressing and managing any negative feedback or crises that may arise on social media.
– Feedback Collection: Actively seeking feedback from the community to understand their needs, concerns, and suggestions for improvements, relaying this information to the wider team
In this role, you report to the Director of Communications and closely collaborate with the Multimedia Designer and Storyteller.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Social media savvy: You have a strong interest in social media and know all about the latest Instagram, TikTok and Youtube trends
- Social-tech savvy: You have 3-5 years experience in managing social media tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or similar platforms
- Creative: You know how to adapt media formats for social platforms and are very comfortable working on Canva
- An excellent copywriter: You can write and adapt copy for different platforms, with a professional tone suitable for LinkedIn and a lively, engaging style suited for META.
- An excellent virtual communicator: you are very comfortable speaking with people of all ages and background on the phone and in online meetings
- Collaborative: You work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and agencies including videographers and writers
- Eco-conscious: You are a passionate about our planet and its people
- An english speaker: We are accepting English native speakers only
Ideally, you might also have …
- Experience in social media performance marketing
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers and slowly get started.
After three months, you will have already created, scheduled and reported on content.
After six months, you will be analyzing online communities, gathering feedback and making suggestions to develop our content strategy.
After one year, you will be the voice of beVisioneers to all of our online communities.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities