Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Regional Program Manager (m/w/d)
Remote (regional location preferred), full-time
Starting in 2024
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
Through a flagship fellowship program, we empower and equip next generation leaders with the entrepreneurial skills, mindsets, and relationships to put their climate ideas into action.
In this role, you would co-design and deliver Local and Regional Programming for a yearlong hybrid fellowship program for up to 1,000 youth around the world with a passion to protect their natural ecosystems. Programming would include annual Regional Summits, and online and in-person local hub chapters and events to connect fellows and help them accelerate their projects with their communities.
You would focus on the recurring fellowship program, while exchanging best practices and insights with the broader The DO School team.
You would own…
- Coordinating of Local Hub chapters including overseeing and supporting Fellow-led program design and implementation
- Building a broader ecosystem of local partners, including leveraging the The Do School Fellowships Alumni networks, to help grow and strengthen Fellow impact
- Planning and executing multiple large-scale Regional Summit event with hundreds of participants
- Managing freelancers and collaborators who will be a part of local and regional events
- Case management for fellows in the region
- Co-facilitation of online and in-person workshops and events
- Feedback loops to ensure we learn quickly and iterate the program to best serve fellows and all stakeholders
… and support
- Stakeholder communications internally, with our partners, and with relevant DO School Alumni
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting in connection with regional events and regional program operations.
- Discovering and coordinating story features of exceptional fellows, in collaboration with the Storytelling & Communications team
- Engagement in the online community (regional level), in collaboration with the Community Manager
- Regional contextualization of program content when requested by curriculum team
As a Regional Program Manager, you report to the Learning Experiences Director and closely collaborate with,
- Regional Managers from other regions
- Ecosystem and Impact Director
- Storytelling and Communication team
- Advisory Board members from your region
- Corporate partner representatives from your region
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Experienced working in beVisioneers regions – North America (USA and/or Mexico) OR Africa, OR Asia
- An inspiring program designer and facilitator
- A skilled networker and connector, able to establish local and community partnerships
- Able to plan and manage large-scale events
- Purpose-driven with a passion for youth leadership and/or climate action
- Empathetic, open-minded and organized
- Sensitive to cultural and learning diversities
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Proficient in one/more regional languages
… And will likely have:
- Managed events for diverse participants
- Managed freelancers or team members
- Designed high-quality hybrid workshops for diverse participants
Ideally, you might also have experience in …
- Entrepreneurial skills or trainings
- Working in different cultures and regions
- Ability to support on region-based reporting and budgets connected to events and program operations
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, absorb the program’s core elements, and start establishing crucial connections with your colleagues. You’ll participate in program design meetings, grasping the intricacies of coordinating Local Hub chapters, while also being introduced fellow-led program design and implementation.
After three months, you will have a good understanding of our method and approach and will have applied it in supporting the delivery of Local Hub chapter events. You will know some fellows from your region by name and by group and will have established some routines and rituals around having an ear on the ground on what fellows from your region are upto and what their needs are. You will also have started to develop relationships with potential collaborators and supporters from the region.
After six months, you will fully lead the delivery of the regional programming and events. You will be well-integrated into the online learning platform with fellows from your region as their point-person. You will be well-connected to the Curriculum Lab leads in terms of contextualization and localization of the learning content and activities and will work closely with the team on evaluation and continuous improvement of in-person and online regional activities.
After one year, you will contribute to a successful ramp-up of the program to further regions; you will also contribute to the overall strategy of beVisioneers and the leveraging of Local Hub Chapters and regional collaborations for scalability.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities