Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Grant, Stipend and Finance Manager (m/w/d)
Starting January 2024
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
We are seeking an organized and detail-oriented Grant, Stipend and Finance Manager to oversee the efficient management of grants and stipend processes. The ideal candidate will have a background in grant distribution processes, grant reporting, excellent analytical skills, and a good understanding of financial management. You will shape and manage the operations for the entire lifecycle of grants and stipends. By researching the legal and administrative environment on a global scale, putting together reasonable and scalable processes, managing the application, distribution, and timely and consolidated reporting on funds, you will play a vital role on the fellowship team.
This position requires a close working relationship with the Venture Impact & Grants Manager, fellows, our legal advisors, project partners in different countries, our internal team and payment providers.
- Own and form scalable grant and stipend processes from eligibility verification, to application and approval processing, and disbursement, in collaboration with the Venture Impact & Grants Manager.
- Research the legal and administrative environment for the disbursement of stipends and grants on a global scale.
- Determine stipend and grant amounts and criteria in cooperation with the program team to ensure a fair and transparent system for our applicants.
- Ensure timely and accurate stipend and grant payments to eligible recipients while working closely with the finance team to determine efficient financial transaction processes.
- Monitor grant and stipend budgets, track expenditures, and prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot with fellows directly as needed, in order to resolve any issues around stipend and grant payments, additional information required, and use of funds.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with financial regulations and donor requirements.
- Maintain relevant data in Hubspot and other tools, including stipends and grants allocation and reporting, and more together with the operations team.
… and support
- Fellow questions on stipend- and grant-related communications, in coordination with the program team.
- Collection of data on Program KPIs in coordination with the program and governance teams.
- Finance and controlling to all stakeholders.
As the Grant, Stipend and Finance Manager, you report to the Director of Operations and closely collaborate with the Operations, Program and Governance teams.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field (e.g. legal, international affairs, political science), Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in grant and stipend management, preferably in a non-profit or community-focused organization in an international setting.
- Have an understanding of financial management, budgeting, and reporting and pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ideally have knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in grant management
- be able to conduct research and outreach in order to form a fact based decision.
- The ability to work collaboratively and empathetically with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Proficient in data analysis and optimized workflows (using tools like Excel, Hubspot, etc).
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- A passion for youth leadership and/or environmental action.
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers, establish working relationships with our teams, and start to understand the current stipend and grant allocation and disbursement processes.
After three months, you will have taken over leadership of the stipend and grant allocation and disbursement process and will be prepared for the next cycle of grant and stipend applications and selection around April 2024.
After six months, you will be in full swing, managing grants and stipends application processes and disbursements on a global scale. Furthermore, you will work closely with the Program team to improve processes in its scalability based on your expertise.
After one year, you will be at the forefront of scaling beVisioneers grant and stipend allocation and disbursement process to accelerate the environmental impact of fellows for the long-term.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities