Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Events Manager - Ecosystem Impact (m/w/d)
Berlin-based (partly remote possible), full-time
Starting January 2024
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
As an Events Manager, you will organize large events, such as the Global Summit as well as regional summits. Moreover, you will manage event vendors and freelancers within a worldwide fellowship program for young innovators.
You will own…
- Planning and execution of large-scale events, including the Global Summit, oversight of Regional Summits in coordination with Regional Leads, and post-intensive convenings with fellows
- Managing event vendors and freelancers from various cultural contexts
- Running quality and efficient communications with event participants, including fellows and high-profile stakeholders
- Training and supporting Regional Leads to apply beVisioneers event principles and methodology to Regional Summits
- Managing internal team contributors to design and facilitation of relevant events
- Feedback loops to ensure we learn quickly and iterate to best serve all stakeholders
- Maintaining events-related data in Hubspot, including registrations, communications, tracking and more
… and support
- Collection of data on Program KPIs in coordination with Knowledge Management and Reporting Manager
- Administrative work with the Ecosystem Impact Director related to ecosystem building
As the Events Manager, you report to the Ecosystem Impact Director and closely collaborate with Regional Leads, Learning Experiences Director, and Program and Operations teams.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Experienced in events management with diverse participants across multiple cultures
- Adept at managing budgets and vendors
- Skilled in stakeholder management, including high-profile stakeholders
- Able to optimize workflow for yourself and others using tech platforms (Hubspot, DreamApply, etc)
- Fluent in written and verbal English with additional languages as a bonus
- Highly organized with attention to detail
… And will likely have:
- 3+ years experience in managing large-scale events
- Setup and run efficient, scalable events processes
- A self-directed approach to working in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- A passion for youth leadership and/or environmental action
- Collaborative, empathetic, and efficient habits
Ideally, you might also have …
- Working or lived experience in countries outside of Germany
- Language skills in addition to English
- Experience working with corporate donors or stakeholders
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers, attend program meetings and establish working relationships with our program and operations teams.
After three months, you will have played a support role in the Global Summit (February 2024) and will be familiar with the beVisioneers approach to events and learning experiences. You will start preparing for Regional Summits (July 2024) and working closely with Regional Leads to identify iterations from the previous year. You will bring your own expertise to beVisioneers events management for continuous learning and improvement.
After six months, you will be in full swing, designing, overseeing, and tracking beVisioneers events. You will guide the Regional Leads to run their respective Regional Summits across multiple regions globally. You will be the ‘go-to’ team member for anyone working on meaningful event experiences, and will optimize our ways of working to be most efficient and impactful.
After one year, you will be at the forefront of scaling beVisioneers in-person experiences to fulfill our vision of a global community of environmental action.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities