Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Mentorship Manager (m/w/d)
Starting January 2024
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
As the Mentorship Manager, you will ensure the success of two essential stakeholder groups in the beVisioneers global ecosystem: our Fellows, after they complete their 12-month intensive program, and our mentors, who support and learn alongside Fellows in their journey as planet-positive innovators.
You will manage…
Mentorship management, which includes:
- Prepare the strategy and run applications and selections processes to recruit mentors (500 mentors in 2024)
- Onboard mentors including developing training materials, templates, and sessions
- Prepare and run quarterly mentor circles to share best practices and monitor engagement of mentors and mentees
- Setup mentor program aspects of learning and community platform
- Provide support to mentors via optimized responses and communications and manage feedback loops to optimize the program
And Fellow Next community management:
- Support Ecosystem Impact Director on programming and partnerships for a global community of fellows shaping a sustainable future after their 12-month intensive program
- Manage fellow communications and community building of Fellow Next program, including setup and management of the platform
- Coordinate with Regional Leads to ensure relevance and value for diverse fellows as they develop their leadership and environmental impact
- Track Key Performance Indicators and feedback loops
- Manage upkeep of fellow data in CRM (Hubspot) and technical platforms
- Identify stories of Fellows and mentors for the Communications team to move forward
… and support
- Collection of data on Program KPIs in coordination with Knowledge Management and Reporting Manager
- Administrative work with the Ecosystem Impact Director related to ecosystem building
As the Mentorship Manager, you report to the Ecosystem Impact Director and closely collaborate with the Program and Governance teams.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Skilled in stakeholder management, including high-profile stakeholders
- Experienced in community building with a focus on impact and scalable processes
- Proficient in data analysis and optimized workflows (using tools like Excel, Hubspot, etc)
- Comfortable facilitating diverse groups of people online
- Able to measure impact and iterate based on learnings
- Fluent in written and verbal English with additional languages as a bonus
… And will likely have:
- 3+ years experience in community management or similar
- Setup and run efficient, scalable communication processes
- A self-directed approach to working in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- A passion for youth leadership and/or environmental action
- Collaborative, empathetic, and efficient habits
Ideally, you might also have …
- Working or lived experience in countries outside of Germany
- Language skills in addition to English
- Experience working with corporate donors or stakeholders
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers, establish working relationships with our program and governance teams, and start preparing for mentor recruitment.
After three months, you will have kicked off mentor recruitment and supported the Ecosystem Impact Director on program design of the Fellow Next program. You will prepare materials for mentor recruitment and selection, and will plan your contributions for the Fellow Next community building.
After six months, you will be in full swing, managing mentors to meaningful support their Fellows and Fellows to deepen their leadership and impact through your community building. You will be the ‘go-to’ team member for anyone working on mentorship or long-term community building, and will optimize our ways of working to be most efficient and impactful.
After one year, you will be at the forefront of scaling beVisioneers mentorship and long-term Fellow impact to fulfill our vision of a global community of planet-positive action.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities