Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world through global fellowship programs to empower people? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Product Engineer: Learning Platforms (m/w/d)
Berlin-based (partly remote possible), full-time
The beVisoneers program
The project you would be working on at The DO School Fellowships is beVisioneers – a global environmental Fellowship which starts with a 12-month hybrid-learning program that equips innovators aged 16 to 28 with the training, expert support and resources to bring their planet-positive projects to life.
Upon completing the intensive 12-month program, Fellows continue to receive support to scale their projects and develop their leadership skills.
About the role
As a Product Engineer: Learning Platforms, you will architect, implement and manage all beVisioneers fellow-facing technical platforms and applications. Sitting at the nexus of the Program Design team and Operations team, you will ensure that technical platforms connected to the 12 month intensive program are best designed and tailored to build an active and engaged global learning community of fellows.
You will own…
- Develop, administer and manage beVisioneers fellow-facing technical platforms and applications (LearnWorlds, Google Suite, community platform,etc) to support a fluid user experience.
- Setup quality management processes on online learning platforms including performing functionality and usability testing in coordination with Learning Quality Lead.
- Develop and implement ongoing tech support processes for internal and external users on program platforms.
- Ensure optimization of technical capabilities, looking for opportunities to improve and develop the system; investigating and rolling out new functionality where appropriate to enable a better learning experience.
- Onboard beVisioneers team, fellows, mentors and external stakeholders onto relevant platforms, developing user documentation and communicating process improvements, or system changes.
… and support
- Manage integrations between platforms and CRM (HubSpot) to ensure clean, relevant data for impact evaluation in coordination with the Operations team.
- Design and implement processes for co-moderation of the online platform in coordination with Online Community Manager.
- Develop tracking strategy and automations to efficiently track engagement of fellows and stakeholders in collaboration with the Online Community Manager.
- Setup gamified elements of the fellowship program, in collaboration with Learning Quality Lead.
As a Product Engineer: Learning Platforms you report to the Learning Experiences Director, and closely collaborate with the Operations Team, the Online Community Manager and the Learning Quality Lead.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- An instructional technologist or software developer with experience in Learning Management Systems (LMS) and community-oriented platforms.
- Knowledgeable in learning technology tools and systems including experience integrating LMS tools to simplify processes, create dynamic learning paths and interactive courses.
- Experienced in designing feedback and quality processes for evaluating and testing technological solutions.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and technologies in a rapidly evolving field, staying up-to-date with industry advancements.
- An outstanding user experience (UX) designer, with the ability to build solutions that are responsive to feedback and data, ensuring a user-friendly and effective learning environment.
… And will likely have:
- Developed and managed a tech support system, including the use of chatbots, ticketing systems, or other support mechanisms to assist users effectively.
- Done user experience design for on-demand learning and community platforms.
- Facilitated tech onboarding sessions for diverse groups, ensuring smooth transitions and efficient use of technology tools.
Ideally, you might also have worked with the following…
- Google Suite
- Customer Relationship Management software (i.e. Hubspot)
- Cybersecurity tools and practices
- Implementing gamification features within Learning Management Systems
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers technical landscape that you will manage, get to know the team and establish working relationships and an understanding of your role and your collaborators.
After three months, you will have taken over administration and management of the technical platforms and started to develop processes to improve the internal and external usage. You will have become the main contact point for team members on all things program-related tech and will already be in the process of establishing the internal and external routines that allow you to begin implementing solutions for improving the fellow experience.
After six months, you will fully lead the workflow between stakeholders and will be in full swing developing, managing and optimizing the tech platforms.
After one year, you will be fully at ease in your role and will have started to look at optimization processes for excellent fellow user experiences at scale.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our core mission is to offer training and fellowship programs to empower young people globally to launch projects addressing global and local challenges around environment and society. With our work, we are training the next generation of impact entrepreneurs in innovative educational and fellowship programs.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities